“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that does not identify a specific individual by itself or in combination with other information. We may gather certain information about you such as age and gender, as well as the portions of this Website that you visit. This information may be compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of sites and other resources on the Internet. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the Internet. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet, allowing Internet servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
We welcome any and all questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at:
The Schools Project, LLC
1327 W Washington Blvd
Chicago, IL 60607
ATTN: Bob Hercules
Email: [email protected]
1. Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information is collected as follows:
- Every one who seeks to post information on the Website is required to share their email address.
- We may also request a user name and email address when you submit a form through the “Contact Us” portion of the Web Site so that we can respond to the inquiry.
- We may collect Personally Identifiable Information when you:
- Post any sort of content on the Website;
- Inquire about our the activities of this Website;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event either online or offline;
- Correspond with us, or
- Otherwise volunteer information to us.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- This Website collects some non-personal information about you using clickstream technology, so it may not be readily apparent to you that it is being collected. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is not combined with Personally Identifiable Information.
2. Use of Data We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information
- At this Website, we always want to provide you with the best possible online experience. In order to do this, we use your Personally Identifiable Information to allow us to:
- Share content and comments
- Send you promotional information or information about our events we believe will be of interest to you; or
- Customize our communications to you
- Your email address will not be shared with any third parties. Instructions for unsubscribing from any newsletters, promotions or non-transactional related emails are included in every email.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- We use the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from our customers and other visitors in a manner that does not personally identify any individual. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to make this Website more interesting and useful to you. We also track the pages or documents accessed within this Website. This information is collected for systems administration and for analyzing and improving the value of the material available on this Website. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used to help our advertisers or our site design teams create advertisements our guests might like.
Cookies: Like many other commercial sites, this Website utilizes standard technologies called “cookies” to collect information about how this Website is used. A cookie is a small data text file, that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Cookies are designed to help a website recognize a user’s browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. Cookies can securely store a visitor’s password, personalize home pages or identify which parts of a site have been visited. For instance, cookies allow us to prepopulate (or fill in) an email field with your email address if you revisit this Website. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your email address.
3. Information We Share with Others
- Our Contractors
- We contract with other companies (such as website developers) to provide certain services to Owner to create this Website. In some instances, these contractors may have access to Personally Identifiable Information, but they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for purposes of carrying out the business of Owner.
- These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Owner.
- Third Parties
- Your personally identifiable information is never shared with any third party (except as described above to our contractors who use it ONLY to carry out Owner business.)
- Notwithstanding the above policies, we may disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect the company’s rights and property;
- To investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Website; or
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is or may be at risk.
5. Your Choices
- We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive communications from Owner or if you prefer to receive them less frequently, please contact us at [email protected] If, due to human error, you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact us again and we will make every effort to correct the situation.
6. Email Use
- When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to respond to a request. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each promotional e-mail or newsletter. Your email address will be used only as described above and will not be shared with any third parties except as we have already disclosed to you.
7. Links to Other website
- Occasionally, we provide links on this Website to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of Owner and have established their own privacy and security policies. Owner does not have any control over the privacy practices of these sites. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
- It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We employ reasonable security measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. When you create an account on this Website, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format. We maintain the data you provide in a secure database.
- We also encourage our partners and service providers to adopt and follow stringent consumer privacy policies.
9. Privacy of Children on Our Web website
- It is our policy not to collect Personally Identifiable Information from any person under 13 because children are not permitted to use this Website to post Submissions or other content and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Website. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13, we will promptly remove such information from our records.
- For questions, comments or assistance, we invite you to contact us at our physical or email address at the beginning of this Policy.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SCHOOL PROJECT?
Email us at [email protected]
Share your story with The School Project.
Bob Hercules and Gordon Quinn
Danny Alpert and Jon Siskel
Paris Brown, Skyler Dees, Rachel Dickson, Jackie Gonzalez, Bob Hercules, Greg Jacobs, Jeff McCarter, Rachel Pikelny, Gordon Quinn, Chad Rispalje, and Melissa Sterne
Post Production Supervisor and Editor
Online Outreach Director
Directors of Photography
Ines Sommer, Mike Swanson, Keith Walker